Subject: Re: [boost] [Function] : Memory allocation upon bind()
From: Harry van Haaren (harryhaaren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-06 14:06:27

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:47 AM, Andrey Semashev
<andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Boost.Bind doesn't allocate memory, unless you bind some objects that
> do. Boost.Function does allocate memory to store the adopted function
> object, and it does support custom allocators. You can specify the
> allocator as the second argument of boost::function constructor.

I've not looked into the details about why malloc() was being called yet,
as I've investigated different solutions to the situation I have at hand.
If time permits I will look into custom allocators for Boost.Function,
however it will not be in the near future.

Thanks for your response Andrey, and apologies for not getting back sooner.
-Harry