Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Range] An issue with the documentation of 'remove_erase_if' algorithm
From: Adam Romanek (romanek.adam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-07 05:46:36

On 02/07/2013 11:39 AM, Neil Groves wrote:
> On this particular ocassion the documentation is correct. The std::erase
> algorithm does not remove elements. Hence the erase - remove idiom is
> frequently useful:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erase-remove_idiom
>
> I have then made this idiom available and directly supported in Boost.Range.

I know what std::erase, std::remove and the idiom are all about. The
problem in the documentation is still there.

Check the documentation of "remove_erase" algorithm. It says:

"(...) This is in contrast to the *remove* algorithm which merely
rearranges elements. (...)"

On the other hand, the documentation of "remove_erase_if" algorithm says:

"(...) This is in contrast to the *erase* algorithm which merely
rearranges elements. (...)"

Can you see the difference?

WBR,
Adam Romanek