Subject: Re: [boost] [smart ptr] Any interest in copy-on-write pointer for C++11?
From: Jeffrey Yasskin (jyasskin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-08 12:35:09

WebKit has a class vaguely like this for your case #2:
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/codesearch/#chrome/src/third_party/WebKit/Source/WebCore/rendering/style/DataRef.h
used at https://code.google.com/p/chromium/codesearch/#chrome/src/third_party/WebKit/Source/WebCore/rendering/style/RenderStyle.h&rcl=1360310731&l=137.
Semantically every copy is a real copy, and, contrary to Mathias'
assertion, couldn't be replaced by a move in C++11, but they want to
share identical values when doing so is cheap.