Subject: Re: [boost] Future of Boost Windows Installers
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-11 05:15:32

I very much hope that this will be done from a Windows-centric users view - the previous version
made assumptions about *nixy things and words that are entirely unjustified for Micro$ofties who
have an expectation of using GUI throughout. It led to a long trail of woeful cries for help (and
consumed a lot of support effort).

Even using Git will cause trouble for many novice users.

And it would be good if Ubuntu users using NetBeans and CodeBlocks could have an easy ride too.
There will be very many of them now that C++ works on the Raspberry Pi, and they will immediately
need Boost.

I hope we can *keep revising the instructions* until it becomes clear from the absence of cries for
help that we have got it right.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,