Subject: [boost] [interprocess] Platform-specific flags for mapped_region
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-12 02:52:33

Hi,

I wanted to try using Linux huge pages in my application, which uses
Boost.Interprocess currently for interprocess communication. However
there seems to be no way to pass MAP_HUGETLB flag to mmap in the
interface of mapped_region.

I understand that this is a platform-specific option, so probably it
would be best to just add an opaque unsigned int flags parameter to
the mapped_region constructor with the default value of 0. Or is there
a better way of doing this?

I'll create a ticket for this feature, but I wanted to know if the
general idea of this extension is welcome.