Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Documentation update
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-12 10:37:29

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:18 PM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
> > I was faced with either implementing some of the additional
> > clone/pull/checkout/update code with dulwich or likely implement even
> more
> > for libgit2. Hence I'm sticking with dulwich. Since at least that gives
> the
> > advantage of being pure Python.
>
> I must be missing something. Why not just work through the python
> subprocess interface?
> As Dave points out, the git interaction is really simple, so isn't the
> subprocess approach sufficient?

It's not sufficient.. As I can't rewrite the subrepo references to use the
HTTPS protocol instead of the GIT protocol (which is how they are currently
encoded) with the git CLI. And I really want to avoid having testers
install git, if possible. As it's not an easy install as say svn and hg.

-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything