Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Documentation update
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-13 09:27:22

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 12:01 AM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> on Tue Feb 12 2013, Beman Dawes <bdawes-AT-acm.org> wrote:
>>
>> > As Dave points out, the git interaction is really simple, so isn't the
>> > subprocess approach sufficient?
>>
>> I think Rene is trying to save testers from having to install Git
>> itself.
>

> Yes. And for the simple reason that I want to reduce the number of
> requirements on testers.
>
> Regardless.. I have enough of what we need with using dulwich already
> working (assuming my final testing with the full boost superproject works
> when the project is fixed).

Excellent! If there are initial rough edges, that's to be expected and
they can be smoothed out over time if they are bothering people.

> Now it's time to work on the b2 support for the
> includes.

Right. We need that support soon.

> And the changes to accomodate the modular layout.

What particular changes are you concerned about. I would like to open
issues and/or milestones for any issues we aren't already tracking.

--Beman