Subject: [boost] Cannot commit due to "svn:mime_type is not set"
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-18 15:44:36

Hi there,

I'm trying to commit the gil::io test suite and I get the following errors:

Error: Commit failed (details follow):
Error: Commit blocked by pre-commit hook (exit code 1) with output:
Error: /home/subversion/boost/hooks/check-mime-type.pl:
Error:
Error: trunk/libs/gil/io/test_images/bmp/readme.txt : svn:mime-type is not set
Error: trunk/libs/gil/io/test_images/png/PngSuite/readme.txt :
svn:mime-type is not set
Error: trunk/libs/gil/io/test_images/pnm/readme.txt : svn:mime-type is not set
Error: trunk/libs/gil/io/test_images/raw/readme.txt : svn:mime-type is not set
Error: trunk/libs/gil/io/test_images/targa/fileformat.info/readme.txt
: svn:mime-type
Error: is not set
Error: trunk/libs/gil/io/test_images/tiff/graphicmagick/readme.txt :
svn:mime-type is
Error: not set
Error: trunk/libs/gil/io/test_images/tiff/libtiffpic/readme.txt :
svn:mime-type is not
Error: set
Error:
Error:
Error: Every added file must have the svn:mime-type property set. In
Error: addition text files must have the svn:eol-style property set.
Error:
Error: For binary files try running
Error: svn propset svn:mime-type application/octet-stream path/of/file
Error:
Error: For text files try
Error: svn propset svn:mime-type text/plain path/of/file
Error: svn propset svn:eol-style native path/of/file
Error:
Error: You may want to consider uncommenting the auto-props section
Error: in your ~/.subversion/config file. Read the Subversion book
Error: (http://svnbook.red-bean.com/), Chapter 7, Properties section,
Error: Automatic Property Setting subsection for more help. Also,
Error: see http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostSubversion

I'm using Tortoise subversion and in my configuration file I set the
mime types as follows:
*.txt = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Author Date Id Rev
URL;svn:mime-type=text/plain
*.png = svn:mime-type=image/png
*.jpg = svn:mime-type=image/jpeg
*.bmp = svn:mime-type=image/bmp