Subject: Re: [boost] [gil::io] Feedback for scanline_read_iterator
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-21 21:27:43

> I don't particularly love the class name.
>
> An istream_iterator iterates over the elements of the stream.
> A directory_iterator iterates over the contents of a directory.
> A vector::iterator iterates over the elements of the vector.
>
> A scanline_read_iterator iterates over the scanlines of an image.
>
> One might reasonably expect a scanline_read_iterator to iterate over the
> elements of a scanline.

I choose that name since I can imagine several types of image
iterators. Like a tile_read_iterator, multiple_scanline_read_iterator,
etc.

> I could be wrong and I don't really have a better name aside from maybe
> scanline_reader::iterator. (reader_t::iterator in your example code)

Reader class now has a typedef iterator_t. But still, what would I
call the scanline_read_iterator class?

> Also scanline_read_iterator.hpp is in the detail folder. If this class isn't
> meant for public consumption completely ignore my naming concerns.

Users are meant to include format specific header, like bmp_all.hpp,
or tiff_write.hpp, or png_read.hpp. So, I put all the other headers in
the detail folder even so some of them are not inside the detail
namespace.

Christian