Subject: [boost] [thread] ~condition_variable_any verifications
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-22 11:17:26

hi,

one of my project uses exit() to terminate the program. this is
sometimes called while some threads are waiting on a global
condition_variable_any.

when calling exit(), this global variable is destroyed while other
threads are still waiting on it, which causes BOOST_VERIFY to fire an
assertion failure !pthread_cond_destroy(&cond). this scares the hell out
of my users.

i know that these verifications can be really useful in many case, but
in my use case, it makes exit() rather unusable, and i'd have to
redesign some of the internal logic to avoid this assertion failure.

thoughts?
thnx, tim