Subject: Re: [boost] [math] Support for libquadmath/ __float128
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-23 12:31:43

>If we can get a consensus on support for GCC's libquadmath
>in Boost.Multiprecision, I would volunteer to write the backend
>for it. But I need a few months before I get that kind
>of time slot for writing, testing, etc. I wonder what John and Paul
>think about adding support for this. I'm skeptical because the
>type really only works with one compiler, and then you
>need to --enable-quadmath when building GCC in order
>to get it. It's a nightmare!

I think this is really the issue - figuring out when to enable support for
this feature.

BTW, I can see a genuine use case for constexpr 128-bit float constants even
if the right way to handle __float128 is to wrap it in the Multiprecision
lib. I wonder are there any predefined macros we can use like
__SIZEOF_INT128__ is for __int128?

John.