Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] Some traits are missing
From: DUPUIS Etienne (e.dupuis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-27 06:07:10

> > Equivalents of following traits are in C++11 Standard, but missing in
> > Boost.TypeTraits library:
> >
> > has_nothrow_move_assign
> > has_nothrow_move_constructor
> > has_trivial_move_assign
> > has_trivial_move_constructor
> >

> > Or am I missing something and there is a reason, why those traits are
> > not included in Boost.TypeTraits?
>
> New traits are normally only added when someone offers to do the work...
> so if you're offering ;-)

In the same vein, I noticed two days ago that type trait boost::conditional is present when including "boost/type_traits/conditional.hpp" (but not defined by boost/type_traits.hpp) and thus
std::tr1::conditional is not defined when including "boost/tr1/type_traits.hpp"

After some searching, it turns out that 'conditional' was not part of TR1 (that explains the above) but that it was added with N2240 to the C++ 2011 standard: http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2007/n2240.html

Hence my question, should 'conditional' (and probably 'enable_if') be added to "boost/tr1/type_traits.hpp" ?

Regards,
Étienne

This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressees. Any unauthorized modification, edition, use or dissemination is prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us immediately. ATEME decline all responsibility for this message if it has been altered, deformed, falsified or even edited or disseminated without authorization.