Subject: Re: [boost] [Config] N3276 decltype support on VC++ 11
From: Michel Morin (mimomorin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-27 22:08:01

Stephan T. Lavavej wrote:
>> I've filed DevDiv#483634 "Given const int f(), decltype(f()) should be int"
>> in our internal database for our compiler team to look at, with the magic
>> words "it affects std::result_of and boost::result_of".
>
> This bug has been fixed in VC12.

Nice :)

I'm also looking forward to seeing another decltype bug
  decltype fails in recursive function object scenario
  https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/764260/
which is found by Eric
  [config] msvc-11 and BOOST_NO_CXX11_DECLTYPE_N3276
  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/234483/
will be fixed.

Oh..., that's already fixed:
  Posted by Microsoft on 2/6/2013 at 1:35 PM
  [...]
  it has been fixed. The fix should show up in tyhe next release of Visual C++.
Great!

So, there is no blocker that prevents from enabling decltype-based result_of
by default on VC++12.

Regards,
Michel