Subject: Re: [boost] [compute] GPGPU Library - Request For Feedback
From: Gabriel Redner (gredner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-03 06:15:32

Hi Kyle,

This looks like a very interesting library! When I have a bit of time
I may see see if some of my simulation codes are good candidates to
make use of your API.

For the moment, just a few points from reading the docs:

- Under "Lambda Expressions", I am pretty sure that "+ 4" is not the
right way to "subtract four" :-)

- Like Karsten I am interested in zip iterators - my simulation code
uses such structures heavily.

- What is the command_queue argument that appears in all of the
algorithms? For instance here:
http://kylelutz.github.com/compute/boost/compute/copy.html the
signature for 'copy' takes four arguments - three iterators and a
command_queue - but the example only passes the iterators, and there
is no other mention of command_queues.

- Under "Vector Data Types", why floats but not doubles? Is this an
OpenCL restriction? (sorry for the ignorance - my GPGPU knowledge is
mostly on the CUDA side). Also, what header are they declared in?

More later, and thanks,
-Gabe