Subject: Re: [boost] [tweener] Preliminary Submission
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-04 12:27:05

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 1:28 AM, Michael Marcin <mike.marcin_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Julien Jorge wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to propose the Boost.Tweener library for preliminary
>> submission.
>>
>> The purpose of the Boost.Tweener library is to provide solutions to
>> interpolate the intermediate values between two given values during a
>> time interval. Various easing functions can be applied to control the
>> computation of the intermediate values. I felt the need of such a
>> library while developing games but I have also seen this need in various
>> animation softwares.
>>
> [...]

> I would prefer Boost.Tween to Boost.Tweener.

[...]

I haven't looked at the library, but just want to comment on the name. Is
"tween" some kind of standard term? Because I'm only familiar with it in
the context of the first wikipedia result when searching for "tween" or
"tweener", and I don't see anything regarding interpolation save for
"inbetweening" (standard animation term). Something like
Boost.Interpolation might better convey the library's intent, I think.

- Jeff