Subject: Re: [boost] [thread] thread_specific_ptr leaks on VS2012 when using std::async()
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-05 09:43:54

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba <
vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Yes, I'm aware of Herb desiderata. Anyway C++11 has been released with
> these kind of futures blocking on the destructor. IMHO, MSVC should fix
> this issue.

Indeed at least for now it would make code using async easier to port
(currently, after several tries of different multi-threading patterns, I
ended up just never relying on async at all).
However I don't know what is the current state of discussion of the issue
is and if it's going to make future's destructor non-blocking whatever the
use,
then it seems that MS will not be willing to fix the issue at all even if
it takes again tons of years to get the next standard.

Joel Lamotte