Subject: [boost] [container][intrusive] Treap for Boost.Container?
From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-18 14:06:34

Dear All,

I have been playing with boost::intrusive::treap, and it seems like a
useful thing.

I think it would be helpful to create a boost::container::treap, i.e. a non-intrusive
treap container, implemented using the intrusive version. That could
make this useful
data structure available to users who wouldn't otherwise need to learn
how to use
Boost.Intrusive.

(While I'm here.... does anyone know about a list-like container that
has lower memory
overhead when the data type is small, i.e. ints or chars? I was
considering something
using chunks like a std::list< std::vector<T> >, but insertion would invalidate
other iterators in the same chunk, which is unacceptable. Any ideas?)

Regards, Phil.