Subject: Re: [boost] [docs] How to install boost documentation?
From: Mostafa (mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-18 16:01:25

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 05:19:28 -0700, Juraj Ivančić
<juraj.ivancic_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 18.3.2013. 4:33, Mostafa wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:32:21 -0700, Mostafa
>> <mostafa_working_away_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>

>>> I'm having a real hard time trying to figure out how to install boost
>>> documentation. Can't find any instructions on boost.org nor any on
>>> google. Am I missing something really obvious?
>>

> Documentation is included in boost tarball, under doc/ directory.
> Also, you can download PDFs from sourceforge.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost-docs/

Thanks, I was unaware of that. Unfortunately, it only has the pdf
documentation, not the html documentation. I'm interested in installing
the html documentation, much like GNU Autotools where one can also install
documentation in some standard location. It seems this feature is lacking
in boost's build system, is this true? (I'm building boost from scratch.)

BTW, did you find this via a direct link from the main boost web site, or
by scrounging the sourceforge site?

Thanks,

Mostafa