Subject: Re: [boost] License of endian and limits in Boost detail
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-20 00:52:28

Added the documentation to the header now. And did some cleanup of the
detection..

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 1:04 PM, John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> * Issue 7528: patch for android:
>>>
>>> #if defined( __ANDROID__ )
>>> // Adroid specific code, see: https://svn.boost.org/trac/**
>>> boost/ticket/7528 <https://svn.boost.org/trac/**boost/ticket/7528>
>>> >

>>> // Here we can use machine/_types.h, see:
>>> //
http://stackoverflow.com/****questions/6212951/endianness-****-**>
>>> of-android-ndk<
http://**stackoverflow.com/questions/**
>>> 6212951/endianness-of-android-**ndk<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6212951/endianness-of-android-ndk>
>>> >

>>> # include "machine/_types.h"
>>> # ifdef __ARMEB__
>>> # define BOOST_BIG_ENDIAN
>>> # define BOOST_BYTE_ORDER 4321
>>> # else
>>> # define BOOST_LITTLE_ENDIAN
>>> # define BOOST_BYTE_ORDER 1234
>>> # endif // __ARMEB__
>>>

>> I already use __ARMEB/L__. Do we know if including the machine/_types.h
>> header is required to get those on Android... Regardless I'll add
>> detection
>> for Android OS awaiting a response.
>>

> No idea, I only know what in:
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/**boost/ticket/7528>
> and

http://stackoverflow.com/**questions/6212951/endianness-**of-android-ndk>

I looked into the endianness on Android in more detail and AFAICT my
current implementation should work. In particular: a) there does seem to be
an endian.h header that is used because it uses gnu-libc (see <
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/prebuilts/ndk/+/9283a93c7b03896d32a8e88c9322c827d4303652%5E1..9283a93c7b03896d32a8e88c9322c827d4303652/>
b) the detection it does seems to use the same macros I'm already using for
CPUs and bi-endian indication on the CPUs that it deploys on.

So, even though I added Android detection to Predef, I'll wait until either
I or someone else can test the non-operation on Android.

[snip]

And I'm still working on the rest, like the BSD headers.

-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything