Subject: Re: [boost] License of endian and limits in Boost detail
From: Michael Marcin (mike.marcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-21 12:04:51

Rene Rivera wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 1:04 PM, John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> * Issue 2663: defined(__bfin__) -> LE
>>>>

>>> I'l have to look up what that one is.
>>>

> Found out what that is.. So added Blackfin CPU detection and corresponding
> endian indication for it. Hence except for Xbox, I think all the current
> endian detection (and more) is implemented in Predef.

I haven't looked so you might already have it.

#if defined(__CELLOS_LV2__)
   identify big-endian PS3

This should handle both Synergistic Processing Unit( __SPU__ ) and
Primary Processing Unit ( defined(__PU__) || defined(__PPU__) )

#if defined(R5900)
   little-endian PS2.

#if defined(HOLLYWOOD_REV) || defined(REVOLUTION)
   big-endian Wii

I'm not sure about WiiU.

#if defined(_XENON) || (_XBOX_VER == 200)
  big-endian ppc Xbox360
#else
  little-endian x86 Xbox

although this check won't necessarily hold once the new xbox comes out,
IIRC original xbox is just _XBOX_VER < 200 and it's probably safe to
assume _XBOX_VER > 200 will be the new xbox and just error out there so
someone can set it up correctly when it's released.

You can also check defined(_XENON) && defined(_M_PPC) to see if you're
building for xbox360.