Subject: [boost] Boost compatibility with Interix
From: Andrin K. Foster (akf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-25 01:41:50

   Hello all,
   When including the boost libraries on a Windows XP SP3 machine via Interix
   v3.5 using gcc 3.4.6 I would receive a number of pre-compiler errors
   complaining that boost threads were "unavailable on this platform". I
   resolved this issue by prepending the following code to the first inclusion
   of a boost library:
       #ifdef ARCH_Interix // an internal definition
       # include <boost/config.hpp>
       # define BOOST_HAS_THREADS
       # define BOOST_HAS_PTHREADS
       #endif
   There must be a more eloquent way of setting the thread definitions for
   Interix from within files such as /boost/thread/detail/platform.hpp or
   boost/thread/detail/config.hpp
   but I'll leave that to the development teams prerogative.
   In any case, making the boost libraries comparable with Interix should not
   be overly complex. Please let me know if I can provide more information.
   Thanks,
   AKF