Subject: Re: [boost] [gil] Ok to merge new gil's extension to release branch?
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-31 14:33:41

AMDG

On 03/31/2013 10:25 AM, Christian Henning wrote:

> OK, if you think user-config.jam is the way to go then we do it this
> way. Of course, I'll reflect the necessary changes in gil::io
> documentation.
>
> Can we just define the source code path like this, inside user-config.jam:
>
> using zlib : 1.2.5 : c:/chhenning/zlib/zlib-1.2.5

Something along those lines. I haven't
worked out all the details of the interface yet.

> If so, how would the gil::io jam file pick up the path?

This would work now. project ids are global,
so you can use /ext/zlib//z regardless of
where zlib is using'ed.

> As you probably can guess I'm not very familiar with configuring jam
> files. Any help from your side would be very appreciated.
>
> <snip>
> Please let me know what I have to do make it to work.

I've had to completely reimplement the zlib module.
the one in the trunk was badly broken and the
one that you were using is lacking the ability
to use pre-built binaries. I expect to have it
ready tomorrow.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe