Subject: Re: [boost] Associative container using a vector
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-01 05:58:02

Am 01.04.2013 03:43, schrieb Vicente J. Botet Escriba:
> The architecture of Boost.MultiIndex don't need shuch a double
> indirection. Is as if you had the A and the Bs in a single Node. IIRC, I
> believe the a and the bs instances must be created at once when
> inserting on the multiindex.

Thanks for the explanation, Vicente.
I can't use that approach for various reasons. Here's my implementation
of a "contiguous map" if anyone else is interested:
http://pastebin.com/dKzRfkMm

it works like a std::map, except that the key_type is always
std::size_t, and after a map.insert(make_pair(100,v)), even though
map.size() is 1, the internal vector has a size of 101.
so the keys must be fairly contiguous to not waste space, but not
completely.