Subject: Re: [boost] [boost.lockfree] Lockfree on Windows?
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-02 11:43:55

> Thank you for the quick response, Tim! My only concern is the "probably"
> part. I want to use this in production code that is meant to ship on several
> platforms including Windows, so I am a little hesitant to do so if it's
> "probably fine". Has anyone used Boost Lockfree in production code on
> Windows? If so, were there any problems? I am only interested in spsc_queue,
> which looks like it'll do just what I want (streaming audio).

again `probably': probably it is used in production code ... usually
people don't report if they use code which works fine, but just complain
when experiencing bugs ...

in german there is a saying: `evidence, not eminence' ... not sure if it
translates, but it means something like: in doubt review the code and
perform tests instead of trusting the opinion of guru's ... ;)

cheers,
tim