Subject: Re: [boost] [gil] Ok to merge new gil's extension to release branch?
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-03 19:53:57

Hi Steven,

>> I apparently didn't test passing a condition.
>> For now, leave off the <toolset>msvc. It shouldn't
>> be needed. I'll fix it first thing tomorrow. (The condition
>> needs to be passed through targets.main-target-requirements
>> to create a property-set. I left them in
>> raw list form)

I did as you told me. My zlib entry for user-config.jam now looks like this:

#-------------------------------
# 3rd Party Libs
#-------------------------------
using zlib : 1.2.5 : <source>C:\chhenning\zlib\zlib-1.2.5 : ;

And the output now is:

Performing configuration checks

    - 32-bit : yes
    - arm : no
    - mips1 : no
    - power : no
    - sparc : no
    - x86 : yes
    - has_icu builds : no
warning: Graph library does not contain MPI-based parallel components.
note: to enable them, add "using mpi ;" to your user-config.jam
error: No best alternative for /zlib
    next alternative: required properties: (empty)
        matched
    next alternative: required properties: (empty)
        matched
error: No best alternative for /zlib
    next alternative: required properties: (empty)
        matched
    next alternative: required properties: (empty)
        matched
    - iconv (libc) : no
    - iconv (separate) : no
    - icu : no
    - icu (lib64) : no
    - gcc visibility : no
    - long double support : yes

> Ok, I'll try this tonight at home. BTW, how would I pass compiler symbol to
> control the zlib compilation?

Would you mind telling me how to pass compiler symbols?

Thanks,
Christian