Subject: Re: [boost] [gil] Ok to merge new gil's extension to release branch?
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-03 22:27:00

>> <snip>
>> #-------------------------------
>> # 3rd Party Libs
>> #-------------------------------
>> using zlib : 1.2.5 : <source>C:\chhenning\zlib\zlib-1.2.5 : ;
>>

> The backslashes will be a problem, since '\'
> is the escape character. You need to use
> either '/' or '\\'.

OK, I fixed that.

>> <snip>
>> error: No best alternative for /zlib
>> next alternative: required properties: (empty)
>> matched
>> next alternative: required properties: (empty)
>> matched
>> error: No best alternative for /zlib
>> next alternative: required properties: (empty)
>> matched
>> next alternative: required properties: (empty)
>> matched
>
> This ought to be impossible. What do you get with
> --debug-configuration? In any event, it indicates
> that you reinitialized zlib in your Jamfile, after
> it was already initialized in user-config.jam.

I rerun again and you can see the output here:

http://pastebin.com/BWgWdtRz

I'm trying to build boost libs not the gil:io tests. So the only lib
that would use zlib is boost::iostreams but I haven't configured it to
use it.

>> <snip>
>>

>>> Ok, I'll try this tonight at home. BTW, how would I pass compiler symbol to
>>> control the zlib compilation?
>>
>> Would you mind telling me how to pass compiler symbols?
>>

> Use properties: e.g. /zlib//zlib/<variant>release

What I mean is to set compiler flags like: CFLAGS= -DMAX_WBITS=14
-DMAX_MEM_LEVEL=7

Those flags are zlib specific.

Christian