Subject: Re: [boost] C++11 and compilers not supported by vendors any more
From: Charles_J_Wilson_at_[hidden]
Date: 2013-04-05 13:11:03

My understanding is that Microsoft stopped distributing MSVC++ 6 due to inclusion of a JVM.

That's why you can't find it on MSDN.

If you live in the US you can acquire an existing copy on Amazon for about US$25.

Depending on stability, you might have to spin up a VM with an older version of Windows to use it.

Charles Wilson
Senior Software Development Engineer
Dell | Enterprise Solutions Group