Subject: [boost] boost/thread.hpp UBICOM processor
From: Aswin Paranji (aswin.paranji_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-06 05:39:04

Hi,
I'm trying to compile boost library 1.53 using the ubicom toolchain
provided by our embedded partner. During compilation of the boost library
there was a linker error (_sync_fetch_add). This was overcome by adding
define statement BOOST_SP_USE_PTHREADS, along with FENCED in
user-config.hpp. The application was linked properly. Running the
application within the embedded box exits with a segmentation fault
happening before printing the first line of the main function. This was
narrowed down to boost/thread.hpp header. Removing the header allows the
application to print the first line and return.

The problem I have is, I do not have GDB/GDBServer to assist me. Also, i
could not use back_trace as the toolchain does not have the necessary
header files.

Can anyone tell me what might be causing the problem. I'm sure there is
some sort of conflict between the processor architecture with thread or the
toolchain which was used to compile boost. The GCC version is 4.4.1

Appreciate if someone can help me on this.
Thanks,
Aswin Paranji