Subject: Re: [boost] Release milestone.
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-08 13:20:43

Le 08/04/13 12:36, Daniel James a écrit :
> On 8 April 2013 07:38, Vicente J. Botet Escriba <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to merge some fixes in Boost.Thread, but I suspect that the
>> release branche should be blocked as for https://svn.boost.org/trac/**
>> boost/wiki/ReleaseSchedule<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ReleaseSchedule>
>> .
>>
>> On which stage (milestone) is the release process?
>>
> It isn't on any stage. No one's currently working on a release, and it's
> looking very unlikely that it will happen before C++Now.

I was asking because after this page
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ReleaseSchedule the release should
in Beta release.

Best,
Vicente

    Release Dates

  * First Monday in February
  * Last Monday in April (i.e. a week early to allow extra time before
    BoostCon/C++Now!)
  * First Monday in August
  * First Monday in November

    Release milestones

*Note well: Changes must always be committed to trunk and be stable on
trunk regression testing before being merged to branches/release.*

  * Upon release shipment: branches/release open for merging all stable
    changes, including bug fixes, and major upgrades to existing
    libraries. Breaking changes should be coordinated with libraries
    affected. *New libraries may be added only with permission of a
    release manager.*
  * Seven weeks before release: branches/release closed for new
    libraries and breaking changes to existing libraries. Still open for
    bug fixes and other routine changes to all libraries.
  * Seven weeks before release: Release managers begin QA checks on
    snapshot doc builds, inspect status, getting started guide, and
    install.
  * Six weeks before release: branches/release closed for major code
    changes. Still open for serious problem fixes and docs changes.
  * Five weeks before release: branches/release closed for all changes,
    except by permission of a release manager.
  * Four days before beta release: branches/release closed. Release
    managers begin building release candidates.
  * *Four weeks before release: Beta release. *
  * Upon Beta release: branches/release open for bug fixes and
    documentation updates. Other changes by permission of a release
    manager.
  * One week before release: branches/release closed for all changes,
    except by permission of a release manager.
  * Four days before release: branches/release closed. Release managers
    begin building release candidates.