Subject: Re: [boost] GSOC 2013
From: Dmitriy Gorbel (dmitriycpp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-11 09:23:21

Michael Marcin-3 wrote
> There have been many discussions on fixed point libraries on the list in
> the past I would start by searching the mailing list archives and
> reading up.
>
> Good luck!

Thanks for your advice, I found many discussions about the fixed point
library in mailing list archive. It come in handy.

Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote
> Hi Dmitriy,
>
> glad to see you have decided to post on this ML.
>
> I think the goal is to implement something close to the C++ Fixed Point
> C++1y proposal. You can look at my prototype to see if you are confident
> with the complexity (template meta-programming) needed to solve the
> problem at hand.
>
> Of course you can make a proposal for GSoC that is not based on the
> C++1y proposal that could imply a simpler implementation, but that would
> miss some of the features I'm locking for.
>
> So the fisrt thing you can do is to understand the C++1y proposal,
> inspect my prototype and then see if you want to implement the C++1y
> proposal independently of my prototype.
> If you prefer to go towards a less static type approach for
> fixed-points, there are some implementations that you can found on the
> web. I don't remember none particularly, but I would replay once I have
> found some of them. There is also a lot of mail exchanges that you could
> try to digest in the Boost ML.
>
> The make a concrete proposal and send it either directly to GSoc to this
> ML or to me.
>
> HTH,
> Vicente

I want to implement library, of course, based on the C++1y proposal and
your prototype. I just interested about other implementations,
I think they also become useful.

I will send my proposal on your email soon.

Thanks for your help,
Dmitriy