Subject: Re: [boost] [gil] Ok to merge new gil's extension to release branch?
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-13 17:25:29

AMDG

On 04/13/2013 01:30 PM, Christian Henning wrote:
>> Now we can go back to zlib.py.
>>

> There seems to be a problem with zlib.py. I'm looking at that file at you
> seem to hardcode the zlib source code to:

That's intentional. The test case creates something
that resembles a zlib installation, to avoid depending
on anything system specific.

> <snip>
> mock.compile.c bin\standalone\zlib\mock\debug\deflate.obj
>
> C:\Python27\python.exe mock.py -c -x c
> -IC:\Users\chhenning\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpsiqfhe\zlib
> C:\Users\chhenning\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpsiqfhe\zlib\deflate.c -o
> bin\standalone\zlib\mock\debug\deflate.obj
>
> Unrecognized command: mock.py -c -x c
> -IC:\Users\chhenning\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpsiqfhe\zlib
> C:\Users\chhenning\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpsiqfhe\zlib\deflate.c -o
> bin\standalone\zlib\mock\debug\deflate.obj
> ...skipped <pbin\standalone\zlib\mock\debug>z.dll for lack of
> <pbin\standalone\zlib\mock\debug>deflate.obj...
> common.mkdir bin\standalone\zlib\mock\debug\link-static

This means that I still don't have the path comparison right.
I've just set up an XP virtual machine and tracked down
the problem. os.path.abspath is using short paths, but
the argument is a long path, so they don't compare equal.

> <snip>
>

> When I look in the temp folder (
> C:\Users\chhenning\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpsiqfhe\ ) there is no zlib
> subfolder nor any other file/folder.

The temp directory gets deleted. If you want
to see what's going on use --preserve.

> Anything you can spot what is going wrong?
>

> BTW, I think I used you too much of your time today and I can understand
> when you got better things to do. We can continue any time that's
> convenient for you.

It's not a problem.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe