Subject: [boost] GSOC 2013: Boost.Math Bernoulli Numbers and Applications to Special Functions
From: Shubham Gupta (shubh09_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-15 10:24:25

I am a fourth year Dual Degree (B.Tech+M.Tech) student of Computer Science
and Engineering at IIT, Delhi, and would like to express my interest in the
project concerned with extending the Boost.Math library to include
implementation for Bernoulli numbers. I have read the Wikipedia page for
Bernoulli numbers and also some of their applications and definitions. As
suggested in the Projects page, I have implemented the Akiyama–Tanigawa
algorithm for second Bernoulli numbers and also tested my implementation
for the first 10 second Bernoulli numbers using Boost.Test library.

Even though I have been using C++ in algorithmic coding competitions for
over 2 years, I am still comparatively new to the Boost libraries. I am
currently browsing through the capabilities provided by Boost.Math, and
also their implementations

I would request the concerned mentors and the community to advise me on how
to proceed from here, and point out additional things which I can do.

--
Shubham Gupta
Undergraduate Student