Subject: Re: [boost] Using both boost 64 and 32 bit on Windows with CMake
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-16 13:36:39

On Tuesday 16 April 2013 17:42:28 Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Mathias Gaunard <
>
> > Just put 32-bit and 64-bit variants in different directories, and
> > configure your build to use the right directory for your build.
>
> That's what I am doing but I am not satisfied with having to re-define the
> BOOST_LIBRARYDIR each time I have to configure
> a cmake project, which I do a lot when working with CMake because I need to
> make sure the CMake scripts works when
> generating from scratch.
> I'm also not satisfied to have co-workers spending time on setting up a
> build system just to start working on my project,
> which is why I put a lot of effort into minimizing the time to start
> working on actual code.

You're not bound to these particular variables. CMake scripts can use
environment varables and command line switches, which covers different
configurations quite well. Just define a couple of your configuration
variables for different targets and be done with it. You can even create your
own CMake module that handles all the configuration specifics you have.

> > The documentation of a find module is whatever is written at the beginning
> > of the file in question.
>
> The HELP documentation is whatever is written when you use "cmake
> --help-module <module-name>" and once again that variable is not
> documented in the "cmake --help-module FindBoost" command.
>
> Not everybody like to have to dive in the source files of their tools to
> understand them, or have time to do so.

I think CMake documentation issues are not relevant to Boost per se.