Subject: Re: [boost] library to support async/await pattern
From: Valentin Milea (valentin.milea_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-20 05:33:31

I've started looking over Boost.Task, impressive design! Some things are
hard to tell because of incomplete code.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct:

When run from a pool thread, boost::tasks::handle::get() / wait() don't
block current thread. Instead they suspend current task until result
becomes available. I assume each task has its own fcontext_t. Then wait()
from a _fiber_ pool would behave like the proposed 'await'.

I'm not sure how a boost::task wrapper would be implemented over Asio API.
Run it as a subtask and trigger some condition variable in Asio callback?

Also, I noticed a couple of missing features:
- can't configure stack size per task
- no waitfor_any is quite a limitation

Best regards,
Valentin