Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC 2013] SVN?
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-20 14:24:25

On 20 April 2013 18:32, Mario Mulansky <mario.mulansky_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Saturday, April 20, 2013 07:16:08 PM Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
>>
>> But, what about gsoc projects that are new or based on sources included
>> in SVN? Could the student use a different SCM?
>
> I think this is up to the mentor in the end. Google surely doesn't care. What
> should keep mentor/student agreeing on whatever they want?

I think Vicente wants to know if we care, not google. The boost
subversion repo is problematic because it's going to be made read-only
at some point in the future, so I'd suggest using git, unless there
are strong feelings otherwise. I'd also suggest setting up somewhere
to store all the GSOC projects (perhaps a github organisation).