Subject: Re: [boost] media > audio project (gsoc or future boost)
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-21 19:38:53

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 11:16:24PM +0200, adrien courdavault wrote:
> I looked at the documentation on the web site and at ASIO.
>
> However I will probably have to ask a lot of questions about ASIO
> phylosophy. It clearly looks like it would be better if possible to extend
> ASIO to manage audio devices than creating a new lib. But this suppose that
> I progress on ASIO understanding. I think I will have to make a different
> post on this subject in the future.
>
> PS, if anyone has feedbacks on this reflection you are welcome.

When talking about audio, please try to be Very Careful to say 'Asio' or
'Boost.Asio' when talking about 'Boost.Asio', as 'ASIO' is an audio
output technology in the domain, something very different.

This thread made no sense to anyone interpreting 'ASIO' as 'ASIO' and
not 'Boost.Asio'.

Proper naming matters, folks.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]