Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC Boost.Multiprecision project
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-28 15:59:09

Hi Jyotesh.

>>> Looking at the project description, I think
>>> I have understood what needs to be implemented
>>> in this project.

Yes, you seem to have a good grasp of the issues.
Good work.

>>> I have also gone through the current
>>> code cpp_bin_float.hpp and I have understood some
>>> part of it. I want to know how
>>> detailed should my proposal be? What details
>>> should I include in my proposal?
>>> What should be the deliverables for the project?

Go ahead and add some details from cpp_bin_float
if you like. You can mention that this is a potential
solution method.

Other than that, I believe you have found
the right level of detail, with a few more suggestions
from my side below.

> I have attached my proposal with this mail.

> Please have a look at it and let me know your feedback.
> Thanks and regards,

I suggest you move the FFT algorithms to an optional
part, add a bit more time for the elementary transcendental
functions, and add some time for testing the various
milestones in the project.

After that, you should start submitting your proposal.
As far as I know, you can modify your proposal up
to May 03.

Keep up the good work.

Sincerely, Chris.