Subject: Re: [boost] [GIL] Can image::recreate reuse the memory?
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-04-30 10:10:48

> I think the code may have align problem in 2 respects:
>
> 1) line 336: _memory is not the aligned address which is previously
> returned by align-function.

The function create_view is only called when reusing the image's memory. I
guess I don't understand what you mean.

> 2) In 'recreate': You have to update _align_in_bytes before calling
> create_view

When the user recreates an image with a different _align_in_bytes we need
to reallocate the memory. I added this condition to the code. If the
alignment doesn't change then I don't need to update the member.

> BTW, why is the 3rd overload of recreate kept unmodified?

Good question! For whatever reason I thought it takes in a memory pointer.
But on a closer look it I realize that's nonsense. I have added the new
code.

Thanks for helping out!

Christian