Subject: Re: [boost] [GSOC] XML library of Boost
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-01 21:24:15

boost_at_[hidden] spake the secret code
<539DD973-0901-46B0-AAA4-3B7ABB32264C_at_[hidden]> thusly:

>ÔÚ 2013-5-2£¬ÉÏÎç3:34£¬legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden] (Richard) дµÀ£º
>>
>> I think boost.multiprecision has a good example to follow: you specify
>> a back-end as a template argument, where the backends can be an
>> existing library or a boost licensed implementation. The boost
>> licensed implementation needn't be as fast or memory efficient as the
>> existing libraries, the emphasis should be on simplest implementation
>> that can satisfy the backend requirements of the front end library,
>> without beeing too slow or memory intensive.
>
>Thanks for your helpful instruction! I'll look into boost.multiprecision
>to see how it solve this problem.
>But according to your explanation, boost still need its own xml library
>implementation. Am I correct?

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I was describing how boost.multiprecision
does things: you can choose between several existing open source back
ends, or you can select the boost backend. The boost license is more
permissive with respect to commercial use than the license on GMP, for
instance.

It's not the only option, simply an example that's already in boost
that solves the problem of how do you target multiple different
libraries that have similar features.

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>