Subject: [boost] GSoC: Data structures and algorithms for integer ranges.
From: Jeremy Murphy (jeremy.william.murphy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-03 06:20:28

Hello Boost community,

I realized almost too late (two days ago) that GSoC 2013 is happening, and
that Boost is in. Obviously I have missed the boat on "engaging with the
community" early, but I still plan to submit a proposal. The one thing I
would love to get some brief feedback on in these last hours is scope: how
much should I expect to get done in 12 weeks? Unsurprisingly, it is one of
the hardest questions for an inexperienced worker in any field to answer.

The core of my proposal is to implement i) a van Emde Boas tree and ii)
three counting sort algorithms: "counting", radix and bucket.

Is that enough? Too much? Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Cheers.

Jeremy