Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc 2013] draft proposal for chrono::date
From: Anurag Kalia (anurag.kalia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-04 13:14:00

> Why? You need the cache to access the ymd from days and another to
> validate a date when construction a days date from ymd.
> Couldn't you have a cache indexed by year/month that gives you the
> number of days since an epoch (for some years of course)?

That means that I need to still calculate year and month. I want to cut this
step too. I want to directly access y,m,d from the serial field. That's why.
It doesn't mean that the array that you are suggesting wouldn't be present;
both have different uses.

>> Is it okay to do so?
> The paper states clearly that interested people could request them. I
> would expect there is no problem for GSoC.

And now I see it too. Thanks, I would surely contact them. More the input,
better the output!

- Anurag.