Subject: Re: [boost] Git Modularization Ready for Review
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-07 00:11:02

on Mon May 06 2013, "Vicente J. Botet Escriba" <vicente.botet-AT-wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Le 06/05/13 07:34, Dave Abrahams a écrit :
>> on Sun May 05 2013, "Vicente J. Botet Escriba" <vicente.botet-AT-wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>>> Now that the it is ready for review, could you point where is the
>>> documentation to review?
>> Sorry, what documentation?
>
> What is ready for review then, the split on modules?

The way the modules are being split up, and the resulting Git histories.

>>> Could I move the following from repository thread to core?
>>>
>>> "boost/detail/atomic_redef_macros.hpp" :
>>> "include/boost/detail/atomic_redef_macros.hpp";
>>> "boost/detail/atomic_undef_macros.hpp" :
>>> "include/boost/detail/atomic_undef_macros.hpp"; I added these
>>> files. They are used now by Boost.Thread, but it should be used by
>>> SmartPtr (See https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6842 and
>>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6843). Best, Vicente
>> First, are you sure they don't belong in their own module?
>> It might be a good idea to minimize the size of the core "blob."
> Where this kind of workarounds should go, Boost.Config?

Oh, I didn't realize they were just workarounds. Perhaps core would be
best.

>> Second, sure, we can do that. Please try editing the ruleset yourself
>> and submitting a pull request as described above. We need to find out
>> if our instructions are adequate.
>>
> I'm not sure I know how this must be done :(

There's only one way to find out!

> Anyway, I will try.

Thanks!

--