Subject: Re: [boost] Company copyright release examples
From: Brendon Costa (brendon.j.costa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-08 16:26:14

> Yoyodyne, Inc., hereby disclaims all copyright interest in contributions
> made by Brendon Costa to the Boost C++ Libraries.
>
> <signature of Moe Ghoul>, 1 April 1989
> Moe Ghoul, President of Vice

That does sound better.

About the whole idea of protecting an employer from an employee submitting
some of the employers code to boost using the exemption, I don't think any
statement can really cover that unless it is completely unrelated to your
work.

Even with the more restrictive statement I specified earlier about "audio
processing, representation and io", this statement covers maybe 50% of what
we do at work so the problem of submitting an employers source code exists
with this as well.

My plan is to submit my source to someone at work to review first to ensure
that I am not disclosing anything that is considered as belonging to my
employer. The exemption then could probably be signed off on that block of
work. Maybe even generating a hash of the source I will submit and having
exemption sign-off on that. Tedious but probably the safest.

I guess I have an idea of possible statements now. Its time to speak with
my employer.

Thanks,
Brendon.