Subject: Re: [boost] C++03 and C++11 ABI compatibility for compiled libraries
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-13 18:23:36

Le 14/05/13 00:01, Mathias Gaunard a écrit :
> On 13/05/13 23:26, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
>
>> I'm completely against option 1, it would kill Boost.
>
> Why would it kill Boost?
> Binary interfaces are purely implementation details. There is no
> problem lowering them to C++03 while still exposing C++11 features to
> the user or using C++11 internally.

Maybe kill Boost was too strong. The binaries not only can not use c++11
features in their interface, them can not use any class or function that
can have a different form on C++11 or C++03. This seems to me more than
an implementation detail.

I would say that it could be good if a library author follows this
advice, but I would not require it.

Best,
Vicente