Subject: Re: [boost] [endian] Boost licensed detail/endian.hpp [was: [1.54.0][release] Provisional schedule]
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-13 23:20:32

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> >On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Daniel James <daniel_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:

> licensed
> get
> >>
> >> I don't know. I haven't been following that. Did anyone take
> >> responsibility for it?
> >>

> >It's highly unlikely. There is al alternative implementation in Boost
> >Predef. But that isn't even fully accepted as a library. I could attempt
> >do a standalone port from Predef into detail/endian.hpp but I doubt I
> could
> >both get it done and tested to a point that it would be safe to merge into
> >release.
>
> I'm restarting work on the boost endian library, so I'd be willing to
> take this on. If you send me your Predef port of detail/endian.hpp,
> I'll see if I can move it along. No promises until I see what you
> have, however.

The current Predef code is at <https://github.com/grafikrobot/boost-predef>.
The compatibility header is at <
https://github.com/grafikrobot/boost-predef/blob/master/include/boost/predef/detail/endian_compat.h>
but it obviously depends on the core endian header at <
https://github.com/grafikrobot/boost-predef/blob/master/include/boost/predef/other/endian.h>.
And that depends on both the architecture.h and windows.h detection headers.

Not sure if it's worth working on it on your Endian library though.. As,
AFAIK, both Endian and Predef are in the same acceptance status. But
perhaps if you can make a totally standalone version of the detection it
might be worth it.

-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything