Subject: Re: [boost] [lockfree] arm / iOS builds against Boost.Atomic
From: Rich E (reakinator_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-15 12:03:40

Ah, just dug a little further and realized boost::atomic is always used
with clang be it the OS X or iOS / arm toolchain. But for whatever reason
only arm required me to link against libboost_atomic.a. Nonetheless, there
should be a test machine at least running libc++ / C++11 already.

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 1:48 AM, Tim Blechmann <tim_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> would be great if someone who has access to the toolchain could send a
> patch. the file in question is: boost/lockfree/detail/atomic.hpp

I would be happy to help if I can. We at least need libc++ (_LIBCPP_VERSION
should be defined if so), atomics have been around there since 3.1,
although I'm not sure the best way to ensure they are available on the
given system. One way to go is:

#if defined( BOOST_CLANG )
#if __has_include( <atomic> )
// we're good
#endif
#enfif

although in my own code I just rely on if _LIBCPP_VERSION is there since I
am using apple's toolchains.

not sure if arm supports a double-width compare-and-swap or ll/sc

AFAIK <atomic> is complete in libc++. Is there any way to (stress) test
this?