Subject: Re: [boost] Can't find documentation for contributing to Boost.
From: Jeffrey Yasskin (jyasskin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-19 20:11:17

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 10:55 PM, Daniel James <daniel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 19 May 2013 00:44, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 05/18/2013 04:36 PM, Jeffrey Yasskin wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Nothing else in the right-side navigation box looks like it's going to
>>> help. A couple times in the past, I've just given up at this point,
>>> but this time I decided to let you know about the problem.
>>>
>>> Could someone write down how to fix a bug in Boost and put it
>>> somewhere I can find it on the website?
>>>

>> http://www.boost.org/support/bugs.html?
>
> I've tried to make it a little easier to find that in the sidebar.

Thanks. That should help some, although if I were looking to add a
feature, I wouldn't necessarily find it.

The checkout instructions on the bugs.html page aren't great. To find
them, I can't read the "If You Have a Fix for the Bug" section, since
that just links to http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/, which isn't enough
to check out the repository. I have to instead read the "Reporting
Boost bugs" section (i.e. not what I'm trying to do), and click the
"boost public subversion repository" link. Why not include "svn co
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk boost-trunk" directly on the
page?

Testing looks like it's covered on the separate "Running Regression
Tests" link, so that's enough for me to get started.

Thanks for the links,
Jeffrey