Subject: Re: [boost] Git Modularization Review no vote heads-up
From: Daniel Pfeifer (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-20 04:48:20

2013/5/20 Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>

> on Sat May 18 2013, Vladimir Prus <ghost-AT-cs.msu.su> wrote:
>
> > and at least Boost.Build should have its final layout.
> I think maybe I disagree.

We definetly need to make some changes to the Boost.Build layout.

Currently, we direct both "tools/build" and "tools/jam" to the "build"
repository, then we want that repository to be a submodule in boost at the
location "build".
Hence, the directory "tools/build/v2" will appear as "tools/build/build/v2"
which is not the same layout as in SVN.

We could either use "tools/build" or "tools/build/v2" the root of
repository "build". But we need to put the submodule at that exact location.
Everything that is not matched (eg. jam/, index.html), can remain in the
meta-repository "boost".

Which one do you prefer?

cheers, Daniel