Subject: Re: [boost] Git Modularization Ready for Review
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-21 11:40:44

On 20.05.2013 10:08, Dave Abrahams wrote:

>> I would be fine with /dev/null, to be honest, unless Rene and Steven have any
>> concerns. That is part of the history that is either not used at all, or has been
>> rewritten over and over, so it won't be much useful in future.
>
> You're free to delete any branches you want after the conversion is
> over (it's really easy), but until then, we want to make sure every
> commit is accounted for. Any commits that aren't caught by the ruleset
> end up in https://github.com/boostorg/svn2git-fallback and the build at
> http://jenkins.boost.org fails.
>
> You can make an arbitrarily obscure branch name
> (e.g. old-branches/deleteme) and send unwanted history there, if you
> like. Please try to submit a pull request with edits to
> repositories.txt. An explanation of the semantics is at:
> https://github.com/ryppl/Boost2Git/wiki/Editing-repositories.txt

Dave,

I have spent around 30 minutes trying to grok this format, and I cannot
quite figure how how to sent tools/build/v2 directory to master branch
of "build" repo, while sending everything else from trunk/tools/build
into some other branch.

If the change is easy, as you make it sound, can either you or Daniel make it?

Thanks,
Volodya