Subject: Re: [boost] [thread] SEVERE bug on packaged_task constructor in C++11 mode.
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-05-21 13:40:20

Le 21/05/13 08:42, Andrey Semashev a écrit :
> On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba <
> vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There is a severe bug in packaged_task constructor when compiling in C++11
>> mode and giving a copyable functor as parameter, as reported in
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/**boost/ticket/8596>.
>> I believe that this is not a regression, this have never worked.
>>
>> Until I find a fix, the packaged_task could be used only with free
>> functions and with movable functors when compiling in C++11 mode.
>>
>> Fortunately there is no regression on C++98 compilers (at least not
>> identified yet).
>>
> Can C++11 code be disabled/removed (i.e. so that only C++03 working variant
> is left) as a hotfix for 1.54? Or do you intend to fix it before the
> release?

This is a possibility, but I'm not sure the C++11 users would add to
their movable classes the Boost.Move needed stuff.

Note that this is not a regression, but a feature that was delivered
with bugged behavior since the beginning. I will try to fix it as soon
as possible. I can not ensure this will however be done for 1.54.

Release managers could you give your advice?

Thanks,
Vicente